Standing Council on Primary Industries – Home
The Standing Council on Primary Industries (SCoPI) was launched in September 2011 as part of a new council system for Council of Australian Governments (COAG).
SCoPI is the peak forum to:
- pursue and monitor priority issues of national significance affecting Australia’s primary production sectors which require a sustained and collaborative effort across jurisdictions; and
- address key areas of shared Commonwealth, state and territory responsibility and funding for Australia’s primary production sectors.
SCoPI’s priority issues are:
- reform of the national biosecurity system
- promoting the ongoing productivity and sustainability of the agriculture, fisheries and forestry industries
- undertaking coordinated action across jurisdictions to strengthen long-term food security.
SCoPI has subsumed parts of the two previous ministerial councils, the Primary Industries Ministerial Council (PIMC) and the Natural Resource Management Ministerial Council (NRMMC). For more information on PIMC and NRMMC refer to the background pages.